Hello Female Founders!
Launching a new company or ready to take your business to the next level but need capital? We love working with early stage companies on their business planning and funding strategy.
What we do: We help you navigate through financing options and get investor-ready. We provide the tools, information and resources to give you a better chance at successfully funding your company with the right capital.
What we don’t do: We don’t make direct introductions to investors. That’s a very special expertise and often requires a broker-dealer license. But we do provide our top lists of female-focused and friendly funding sources.
- I have launched my startup and know I need to raise money, but don’t know where to start.
- I am confident in my product/service and just need the right business and financial tools to take it to the next level.
- I have a general sense of capital sources like debt, equity, and recently crowdfunding, but am not sure which is right for my business.
- I don’t have a financial plan and am not sure how much money I need to move my company forward.
- I need a Business Overview and Pitch Deck but don’t know how to create them.
- I don’t know how to stay focused and centered and making sure I am aligned with potential investors.
If this resonates with you, don’t stress! We provide a unique look at the available sources of capital for your type of business, the tools to raise this capital, the money fears that might be holding you back, and how mindfulness is a key factor in attracting investors.
A Smarter Way
Building a company and raising capital is hard… actually it can be brutal and is certainly not for the feint of heart. It’s so easy to waste time and resources trying to figure out business models and pursuing the wrong investors… and to quickly drain your energy and your bank account. But it can still absolutely be worth it as you create something of value that the world really needs! IF you decide to go the entrepreneurial route and are looking to raise capital, there are two factors that can increase your chances of success: get real and get healthy!
…means being very clear on a few things, including:
- What kind of business are you starting?
- How much capital do you need?
- What are your personal resources for money? Do you have access to friends and family money to get you started?
- What are the realistic capital options for your type and stage of business?
- What is required to access that capital?
- And what about revenue? Do you even need to raise money?
…means recognizing how your health (mental, physical, spiritual) impacts your ability to be a successful entrepreneur and create a sustainable company for you and investors. Key questions are:
- Why are you starting/running a company?
- What motivates you (money, success, creation, freedom, service)?
- What is your relationship with / fears around money and making the ask?
- How does mindfulness impact your ability to thrive in the fundraising process? How do you stay centered and grounded especially through the inevitable rejections?
- Are you committed to the right diet and fitness program to keep you healthy?
- Are your hormones in check to handle the stress?
- How are you taking care of yourself and your relationships?
Are you ready to raise capital?
Do you understand what taking money from investors means for you and your business?
Do you know how much capital you need?
Do you know the right type of funding for your stage of business?
Are you prepared to start asking friends/family or complete strangers for money?
Have you developed at least a preliminary financial model and do you understand how and when you will make money?
Have you envisioned the ideal investor you want and what they bring to the table besides their money?
Do you know what is required to get the capital you seek?
Is your business in order and ready to receive external funds?
For many of us, these questions give up immediate heart palpitations…
but you can’t even begin the capital raising process if you can’t answer these questions without freaking out!
Our online course “Are You Ready?” was designed to help. This 3 module series will walk you through all of these questions and more, and help you to ensure that you and your business are ready to raise capital and take you to the next level.